Note: Please select bright or dark colours for pricing, and add to your cart.
This Product can be used as a 1K Polyurethane Isocyanate Free Paint, or if preferred can be activated with the H-8001, H-8002, H-8003 PU-8000 Fast, Medium, Slow Hardener.
COLOUR-FIL PU-8000 Polyurethane Paint is a premium quality, single stage DTM, Low VOC topcoat. PU-8000 is iso-free and has been formulated with premium ingredients to provide you with the ultimate in performance. This easy to use topoat system offers exceptional application properties, film build, coverage and leaves behind a long-lasting, durable, rich, high gloss finish every time! PU-8000 can be applied direct-to-metal (DTM) and used over all properly prepared OEM finishes and fully cured finishes. From spot panel repairs to overall refinishing, or as a fleet finish PU-8000 will provide you with the finish you expect from a polyurethane system. Its Excellent hiding properties covers quickly, which means you use less paint. PU-8000’s fast dry formula will increase productivity in your facility while reducing your labour and topcoat costs … making it a very economical paint line.
You have a choice of three Reducers R-121, R-122, R-123 to meet your speed of dry requirements. Select the appropriate reducer to extract the optimum performance from our PU-8000 Low VOC Polyurethane paint line.
- 1.3 – 1.5 Tip
- 25-30 PSI
- ALUMINUM, STEEL, METAL THAT HAS BEEN PRIMED: Does not matter what grid of sandpaper was used nor does it matter what brand of primer was used, the paint WILL adhere to ALL PRIMERS
- ALUMINUM: 180 to 240 grid (DTM PURPOSE ONLY)
- Air Dry 3-4 hours
- Air Dry to Polish 12 hours/Overnight
- CHROME: Not recommended.
- CURED/USED PLASTIC: 180-240 grid (this is assuming the plastic has been painted and primed in the past)
- Colour: COLORED
- DTM, Surface must be completed cured prior to painting
- Do NOT APPLY paint over fresh or uncured coatings
- Dust Free time: 20-30 minutes
- Force Dry 20-30 minutes
- Force Dry to Polish 1-1.5 hours after cooling
- METAL: 180-240 grid (DTM PURPOSE ONLY)
- Mix Ratio: 4:10% OR 4:1:10%
- NEW PLASTIC: ADHESION PROMOTER NECESSARY – Paint then can be applied on top
- Reducer: R-121/R-122/R-123 FAST-FIL/MEDIUM-FIL/SLOW-FIL
- Required Catalyst: None, Ready to Spray. OR H-8001, H-8002, H-8003
- STEEL: 240 grid (DTM PURPOSE ONLY)
- Wet on wet application
- Size: 1 US Gallon / 3.78 Litres
- Part No.: PU-8000GRYBC
- Units Per Case: 4